Tobermory 12 Years Old Batch 15
Tobermory 12 Years Old Batch 15 (50.3%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 408 Bottles, 2020)
- ABV: 50.3%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, batch 15
- Category: Island single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £55
- Origin: Tobermory Distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Tasty Tobermory here once again from That Boutique-y Whisky Company, this time it’s a 12 year old expression. There’s no peat in Tobermory whiskies (there is peat in Ledaig whiskies, which do come from Tobermory, but that’s different, y’know…), but it does have a label packed full of Alan Partridge references. Balance.
Batch 15 is a release of 408 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Greengage, melon and honeyed porridge, with a whisper of aromatic, almost floral barley in there.
Palate: Still packing plenty of fruit and malt, now with milk chocolate and desiccated coconut in the mix.
Finish: Drying baking spice warmth, plus toasted sesame seed and digestive biscuit.
What I say
A 12 year old distilled at Tobermory and bottled as Batch 15 by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Mid-amber gold (7/20), medium-fine tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose: Zesty fruit, musty, oranges, melon, cinnamon, allspice, honey, vanilla, dusty oak wood, malty, metallic, brass pennies.
- Taste: Fruity and spiced, quite sharp on the palate, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, pepper, hint of vanilla cream, melon, white grape, apricot, pear and banana, malty, coconut cream.
- Finish: Medium-long, softly sweet and spiced, slightly drying with cinnamon powder and ground black pepper.
Quite harsh/spicy, black pepper and cinnamon overpower the fruitiness quite quickly, certainly needs a drop of water and readily reveals that metallic edge/hot radiator nature.